Monday, April 27, 2009

defining users

With the next release closing in, and a new one to think about, I want to be better prepared with a release backlog.  Since last release focus was getting everyone familiar and up to speed with scrum, some things fell to the wayside.  Now that the teams are familiar with the general rhythm of a sprint cycle, I want to focus my efforts on having a better 6-month plan, in addition to fine-tuning some other aspects.

The book User Stories Applied by Mike Cohn has some great info on user role modeling gathering stories.  I read this a few months back but I think I need to brush up on it in order to prepare and be better organized for the next release.  I will spend some time outlining a plan for the next release and perhaps have a few sprints of better understanding our users and defining some stories around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment